Moroccan man accused of stalking 9-year-old girl for days in Spain released with restraining order

Spanish police have arrested a 52-year-old Moroccan man in Mallorca on suspicion of attempted sexual assault after he allegedly stalked a 9-year-old girl for several days, monitored her routines, and waited for her outside school and tutoring sessions.

The suspect had reportedly traveled by bus to the Balearic capital to follow the child in the Pere Garau area of Palma. According to Ultima Hora, he knew where she lived, where she went to school, and where she attended tutoring classes.

After appearing before a judge, the man was released with a restraining order banning him from contacting the girl.

Last Wednesday, the child spotted the man in the neighborhood and alerted a friend of her mother, whom she encountered on the street. The girl said he was the same man who had been following her for days, including outside her school, near her tutoring classes, and close to the entrance of her building.

Her parents immediately went to the area where she had seen him and reportedly saw the suspect fleeing.

Several witnesses chased the man and caught up with him, holding him on the ground until police arrived and arrested him on suspicion of harassment.

At the police station, the girl told investigators that on one occasion, the man had tried to grab her arm inside the entrance to her building while touching his private parts. She said she had seen him on several consecutive days in locations linked to her daily routine.

The Moroccan national is reportedly well known to law enforcement on the island. He has multiple previous convictions for sexual assault, indecent exposure, and theft. It is unclear why he remains living in Spain.

The Palma case comes amid a series of violent and sexual crime allegations in Spain involving Moroccan suspects.

Last week, a Moroccan migrant accused of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman on a street in Lleida was released by a Spanish court and ordered to stay 200 meters away from the alleged victim. Police reportedly found the suspect lying on top of the woman, whose pants had been pulled down, while touching her genitals.

The woman told the court she was afraid of the suspect and was suffering physical discomfort after the alleged attack, but the court still ordered his release under precautionary measures rather than placing him in pre-trial detention.

Last month, a Spanish court ordered the immediate pre-trial detention of a Moroccan national after a string of alleged attacks with a knife in Almería.

The suspect was charged with three counts of attempted robbery with violence and one count of assault after allegedly targeting several victims within minutes of one another. Investigators said he first approached two couples at knifepoint near Avenida Cabo de Gata before later attacking a 17-year-old student walking home.

The teenager was allegedly chased, grabbed, thrown to the ground, kicked repeatedly, pulled by the hair, and stabbed in the thigh after the suspect demanded her phone. Her screams alerted nearby residents, forcing the attacker to flee.

Police said another woman was later targeted near a gym when the suspect allegedly kicked her off her motorcycle at a traffic light and threatened her with a knife before she escaped into a nearby building. Officers later arrested the suspect after finding him hiding in bushes in a vacant lot.

Also last month, a Moroccan man was arrested for a violent axe attack in Montefrío, southern Spain, leaving two women in critical condition and another person injured.

The suspect allegedly attacked three people in broad daylight, including elderly victims who suffered severe head injuries. He was arrested after a manhunt.

The case triggered a political backlash after Vox leader Santiago Abascal accused Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez and Spain’s state broadcaster of suppressing details about the attack. Spanish outlet La Bandera later reported that the suspect had claimed while in custody that he had “heard the call of Allah” and that “all Christians must die.”

The post Moroccan man accused of stalking 9-year-old girl for days in Spain released with restraining order appeared first on Remix News.

​Remix News​Read More

Author: VolkAI
This is the imported news bot.